The answer is yes, you can drink on Metra, but there are certain days and times when alcohol and glass bottles are prohibited. See below to view the alcohol policy on trains.
No Alcohol and No Glass Bottles
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- South Side Irish Parade (Rock Island District line only)
- Air and Water Show
- Saturday and Sunday of Blues Fest
- Saturday and Sunday of Taste of Chicago
- Saturday and Sunday of Lollapalooza
- Saturday and Sunday of Jazz Fest
No Alcohol or Glass Bottles after 7 p.m.
- Friday Blues Fest
- Friday Taste of Chicago
- Thursday and Friday of Lollapalooza
- Thursday and Friday of Jazz Fest
- New Year’s Eve
Otherwise, sport and concert fans, you can pre-game while on the train to make the most of your commute.