Chicago’s Chinatown is south of downtown Chicago next to the Cermack-Chinatown CTA Station on the red line (view map). Explore restaurants, local attractions and events or follow one of the recommended walking tours to experience the area.
Things to Know
- In addition to CTA train, you can also take the Chicago Water Taxi to and from Chinatown (except during winter months), including from the popular stop near Michigan Avenue and the Wrigley Building.
- The red line also travels to other major attractions including Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier, John Hancock Center and the Chicago Riverwalk if you want to see several area attractions on one trip.
- View the top-rated Chinatown restaurants on Yelp to plan your food adventure.
From the Loop or River North, board a red line train traveling toward 95th. Choose from the following stations:
If you need to transfer to the red line, some transfer locations include:
- Orange and green line: Transfer at Roosevelt
- Brown and purple: Transfer at Belmont
- Blue: Transfer at Jackson or Monroe
Use Google Maps to get custom transit directions based on your starting location.