The John Hancock Center is at 875 N. Michigan Avenue near the Chicago (Red) CTA Station. The building is the home of 360 Chicago and has a restaurant and bar on the top floor in addition to retail, offices and a plaza with regular events.
Things to Know
- Walking time from CTA to the building is about 8 minutes.
- Purchase a Chicago CityPASS for express entry to Chicago 360 and deals at four other attractions if you’re seeing the sights in the city.
- Lines form for the Signature Room and Lounge in the evening, so arrive at least one hour before dark if you want to see the sunset or make a dinner reservation.
- Take a red line train to the Chicago Station
- At street level, walk east on E. Chicago Avenue toward the McDonald’s and Chick-fil-A for about two blocks
- Turn left on Michigan Avenue
If you need to transfer to the red line, do so at State/Lake Station, although stairs are involved. If you need a handicap-accessible station, transfer from the brown or purple line to the red at Fullerton. From the blue line, transfer at Jackson. From orange or green line, transfer to red at Roosevelt.
Divvy Bikes are just north of the Chicago (Red) Station off of N. State Street. Bike docks are also available on Miles van der Rohe Way on the east side of the John Hancock Center (the side closest to the lake).