Oak Street Beach is a popular beach in the Gold Coast near the Clark/Division and Chicago Red CTA stations. The beach has a bar and restaurant, chair rentals, bike rentals, volleyball rentals and restrooms. Distance swimming is also available.
Things to Know
- Chicago beaches are open between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- The walk is shorter from Clark/Division, but nicer from the Chicago Red Station where you can also shop, eat and visit tourist attractions like 360 Chicago.
- The major transfer location to the red line is at the State/Lake Station (all lines except blue and red), which requires walking down a flight of stairs to reach the Lake Station.
- Take a red line train to Clark/Division or Chicago Red (view CTA rail map). If you need to transfer to the red line, Google Maps provides transit route information from your starting location.
- From the Clark/Division Station, walk east on Division Street for about 10 minutes (view walking map).
- From Chicago Red, walking time is about 14 minutes via Chicago Avenue and Michigan Avenue (view walking map).
Oak Street Beach is off the Lakefront Trail and Divvy parking is at the intersection of N. Lake Shore and E. Lake Shore Drive. There’s also a Divvy Bike dock near the Clark/Division Station. From Division Street, turn right on N. Clark.