The North Coast Music Festival is a Labor Day weekend event in Chicago’s Union Park. It’s an easy commute via the CTA green or pink line, and trains operate until approximately 1 a.m., so you can catch a ride after the last performer.
Things to Know
- Commute time is short from the Loop, less than 10 minutes
- Clark/Lake is a good station to transfer between rail lines (all lines except red)
- If you are traveling on the red line, exit at the Lake Station, go to street level and up the stairs to the State/Lake CTA station to reach the green and pink lines (not handicap-accessible). If you are unable to go up or down stairs, head to the Clark/Lake CTA station from Lake.
- From downtown Chicago, board a green line train toward Harlem OR a pink line train toward 54th Cermack
- Exit at the Ashland CTA Station, which is right next to the festival
For schedules and specific train and walking directions from your starting location, use Google Maps with the train icon to get transit directions.
Tip: If you are arriving via Metra at the Ogilvie Transportation Center or Union Station, walk to the Clinton CTA station to reach a green or pink train.