The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum is at 2430 North Cannon Drive closest to the Fullerton CTA Station on the brown, purple and red line. The museum has events and programs for children and adults along with rotating exhibits, butterfly greenhouse, nature trails and a rooftop birdwalk.
Things to Know
- Walking time from the closest CTA station is 20 minutes
- Nearby destinations include the Lincoln Park Zoo and Conservancy
- The museum is closer to the Lakefront Trail than the train station, making it a good bike destination
- Take a brown, purple or red line train to Fullerton. If you need to transfer, Clark/Lake is a good transfer location in the Loop. Otherwise, use Google Maps with your starting location to get specific rail information.
- Once at Fullerton, walk away (not toward) Whole Foods (view walking map)
If you don’t want to walk, request an Uber or Lyft car from the CTA station. Use promo code TransitGuide to get a free first Uber ride.
Divvy + Lakefront Trail
If you want to bike to the museum, rent a Divvy bike near the Fullerton CTA Station on Sheffield Avenue (across the street from the Whole Foods).
Or from the Lakefront Trail, get off near Diversey Harbor and the Theater on the Lake building. Use the Divvy bike dock at the end of Fullerton Avenue.