The Second City is a famous comedy troupe based in Chicago near the Sedgwick CTA Station on the brown and purple lines. Performances and classes take place in the Old Town neighborhood near the intersection of W. North Avenue and N. Wells Street at the following venues:
- Chicago Mainstage
- e.t.c. Theater
- UP Comedy Club
- Donny’s Skybox Theatre
- de Maat Studio Theatre
- Judy’s Beat Lounge
- The Blackout Cabaret
Things to Know
- Walking time is about 5 minutes from the CTA station
- If you need to transfer to the brown or purple line, several stations in the Loop provide connections, including the handicap-accessible Clark/Lake CTA Station. Or transfer at Belmont if you are commuting from the Northside via the red line.
- Service stops on the brown line between 1 a.m. and 2:25 a.m. depending on day of the week and direction of travel.
- Multiple bars and restaurants are on N. Wells Street if you’re looking for a drink/food before or after a show.
- Take a brown or purple line train to Sedgwick
- Once at the station, walk to street level and turn left.
- North Avenue is the first major intersection. Cross over North Avenue then turn right and walk about two blocks.
For specific transit and walking directions from your starting location, use Google Maps.