The United Center is a sports arena and concert venue at 1901 W. Madison Street near CTA stations on the pink, green and blue lines. As the home venue of the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks, the United Center has a large capacity and is also used for Cirque du Soleil performances and major concert tours.
Things to Know
- Walking time is 10 or 15 minutes depending on which CTA station you use
- There isn’t a Metra station in walking distance, but you can transfer to CTA or request a car
- Use Google Maps to get specific Metra and CTA directions from your starting location.
Green and Pink CTA Lines
- Take a blue or green line train to the Ashland-Lake CTA Station.
- Walk south on Ashland Avenue toward Union Park.
- Turn right on W. Madison Street and walk about two blocks for a total walking time of 15 minutes.
Blue CTA Line
- Take a blue line train to the Illinois Medical Center Station
- Exit on W. Ogden Avenue and turn left
- Walk to the stoplight and turn left again on S. Wood Street. Total walking time is about 10 minutes.
Red CTA Line
- From the red line, exit at the Lake Station and transfer to State/Lake (stairs only) to the pink or green line
- Or transfer to the blue line at Jackson
- Or transfer from red to green at the Roosevelt Station
All Other CTA Lines
Transfer at Clark/Lake to the pink, green or blue line. Note that the blue line is underground at this station, and the pink and green lines are elevated.
The closest Metra station to the United Center is Western Avenue on the Milwaukee North, Milwaukee West and NCS lines, but you’ll need to request an Uber or Lyft car from the station as the arena is not in walking distance. Otherwise, transfer from one of the downtown Metra stations to CTA and follow the above directions or request a car from The Loop.
Divvy bike docks are next to both CTA stations as well as in front of the United Center on W. Madison Avenue.