The Brookfield Zoo is a large zoological park at 8400 W 31st Street near the Hollywood Metra Station on the BNSF line. In addition to a large variety of animals including dolphins, polar bears, lions, rhinos and zebras, the zoo has a playground, carousel and regular events such as Summer Nights, ZooBrew and Holiday Magic.
Things to Know
- Walking time is about 12 minutes from the station (view walking map)
- Commute time to and from Chicago’s Union Station is 20-30 minutes
- Trains are approximately every hour on Saturday and every two hours on Sunday
- Take a BNSF line train to the Hollywood Station. If you’re traveling from downtown Chicago, connect with the BNSF train at Union Station.
- Once at the station, exit toward the large parking next to tracks
- Walk though the parking lot and straight on to Hollywood Avenue
- When the road dead ends at Washington Avenue, turn right
- Turn left at the next intersection on Golf Road to reach the zoo parking lot
- Walk through the parking lot for the zoo entrace